I’m almost half-way through. The Ersatz Elevator is part six of thirteen in Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events. Let’s follow the Beaudelaire orphans on their journey!
After getting kicked out of boarding school and watching their friends being kidnapped by Count Olaf, Violet, Klaus and Sunny are sent to live with the Squalors. The super wealthy couple takes the children in, as orphans are currently “in”. But believe me, that’s not the only thing that feels off right from the start.
Well, this one really was interesting.
It will really take you a bit before you figure out where exactly this is going. Right when you think you’ve got it all figured out, one huge plot-twist comes along. The fire in which the Beaudelaire parents were killed becomes even more mysterious. We don’t learn anything new about the circumstances but by now it’s clear that something huge had been going on there.
I’m super excited to get my hands on the next book as I have no idea what to expect now!
As you know, Lemony Snicket’s novel feature adorable illustrations, amiable characters and a great sense of humor. I already covered that in the reviews on the first few books, so I’ll not repeat it all right now.
The Ersatz Elevator is so thrilling, you will find yourself holding your breath on several instances. The story gets even darker and more mysterious!
Did you read the book? Let me know in the comments what you think!
- Book vs. Movie: A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Book Review: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1)
- Book Review: The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #2)
- Book Review: The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #3)
- Book Review: The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #4)
- Book Review: The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #5)