Time for another part of Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events. I just finished the fifth installment, let’s see whether it is any good!
After escaping Count Olaf’s clutches at the Luckysmells Lumbermill, the Beaudelaire orphans are sent to boarding school. You might think that things will get better there, but it soon turns out this school won’t be a save haven either. The only silver lining: Violet, Klaus and Sunny befriend the Quagmire triplets who also have a sad and mysterious past…
After reading The Miserable Mill I was wondering what would happen in the next books to get me motivated to check out all thirteen novels. Things had gotten a bit repetitive but let me tell you, The Austere Academy saves the day.
Once again, I’m hooked and can’t wait to find out what might happen next. We reached a new level in the dark mystery surrounding the Beaudelaire parent’s death!
As usual I’d like to point out the wonderful illustrations that are made with so much love and so many adorable details. These alone are worth checking the books out!
However, I don’t want to repeat myself talking about the writing style and the great humor.
So let me just say, The Austere Academy is an amazing book that reignited my love for A Series of Unfortunate Events!
Did you read the book? Let me know in the comments what you think!
- Book vs. Movie: A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Book Review: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1)
- Book Review: The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #2)
- Book Review: The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #3)
- Book Review: The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events #4)