As I finally had some time to read I decided to catch up with the most famous YA book (that for some reason I never checked out). You can believe me, I stumbled upon some pretty amazing books. Want to know which one I liked best?
#3 The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:
As always I was a bit late with reading those. The first movie was already in cinemas when I got hold of the books. But once I held them in my hands, I couldn’t stop. It took me about four days to finish the entire series. So you can tell, the story of how Katniss Everdeen becomes the face of revolution is more than thrilling. These books are impossible to put down!
#2 Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan:
I have to admit I’m only half-way through this series but I’m completely in love. Percy Jackson discovers he is a half-blood, meaning that he is the son of the Greek God Poseidon and now has to deal with some pretty tough quests. You know the best about it? The Greek mythology! It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I’m fascinated by that. Riordan picks up many of the famous stories and incorporates them perfectly by making them modern. Although I read a bunch of books on Greek mythology Riordan managed to surprise me and I even learned about some new stuff!
Besides: the entire story is pretty awesome! It’s thrilling, it’s funny, it’s heartbreaking. What more could you want?
#1 Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling:
Of course this is #1. I didn’t have to think twice about it as the Harry Potter series will always hold a special place in my heart.
What I love so much is that you grow up with Harry will he struggles through live becoming a wizard. As the characters (and of course the reader) gets older, the story becomes darker and more serious. There rarely are novels with characters you can relate with this much (although the story is about magic). Reading the last pages breaks your heart, you don’t want it to be over, you don’t want to say goodbye to your friends.
I don’t say this often about a book, but everybody should read the Harry Potter series at least once in the life. It will change them (at least a little)!
What’s your favourite YA book series? Let me know in the comments what you think!
- Time to talk about Books: The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- Book vs Movie: The Hunger Games
- Book vs. Movie: Mockingjay Part1
- Movie Mania: Mockingjay Part 2
- Book vs. Movie: Percy Jackson& the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
- Book vs. Movie: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Book vs. Movie: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Book vs. Movie: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Book vs. Movie: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Book vs. Movie: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Book vs. Movie: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Book vs. Movie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows