I saw this Tag over at BluChickenNinja and just loved the questions. So here we go!
1. What was the last book you read?
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. You can look forward to a Book vs. Movie post in a few days!
2. Was it a good one?
Definitely. I really enjoyed all the bits of Greek mythology, love that subject! So looking forward to reading the next installments of the series.
3. What made it good?
I was surprised how thrilling the book was. At the same time you always learned a bit about Greek mythology without even noticing. although I read some books on that matter, I found out some new stuff! Despite adding quite a bunch of that stuff, the book never gets boring, on the contrary – it just adds some more depth to the whole story!
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Yes. Even if you’re not into Greek mythology, it is still an entertaining and nicely written YA book.
5. How often do you read?
Almost every day. But it of course depends on the my task list. Anyway, if I don’t get to read at least every few days I almost get nervous!
6. Do you like to read?
Reading is magical. It takes you to new places, real and imaginary ones. You experience life through a thousand different eyes. There is nothing you could even remotely compare to reading.
7.What was the last bad book you read?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.
8. What made you dislike it?
Actually, it wasn’t that bad, I was just disappoint of the book in comparison with the movie. I expected it to be more colorful and creative. Instead the adaptation completely outshone the Dahl’s book!
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
It’s a nice hobby but I wouldn’t want to do it for a living. The pressure of creating something that people will buy kind of takes the fun out of writing for me.
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
I can’t think of any book in particular but I think that every one you read leaves you with new thoughts, new ideas and therefore influences you in some way.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
I used to, but haven’t done so in a while.
12. Do you write fan fiction?
No, not my kind of thing.
13. What’s your favourite book?
Impossible to answer. I cherish each book for a whole different aspect and thus they are simply incomparable. I refuse to choose one!
14. What’s your least favourite book?
Mabey Trainspotting. I was an annoying read from the first page to the last. No idea, why I even finished it.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Physical books. There is nothing like holding a 1000-pages-strong-book in your hand for hours, ignoring the pain the weight is already creating because you want to know so badly how the story continues.
Besides: I love to but all the books I read in my shelf and look at them from time to time. A Kindle just wouldn’t do the job for me.
16. When did you learn to read?
During the first days of school.
17. What is your favourite book you had to read in school?
Faust by Goethe. This might not sound like the typical choice but I really love this one. By know I can recite half of it. It’s one of the only works I ever re-read.
18. What is your favourite book series?
Tough question! I’m currently working my way through all the famous series. The ones that really impressed me are of course Harry Potter, A Song of Ice and Fire and the Millenium Trilogy.
19. Who is your favourite author?
Apart from those who wrote my favourite series, I think I choose John Niven. I just love his humor.
20. What is your favourite genre?
I don’t think I have one. I read everything except for love stories.
21. Who is your favourite character in a book series?
Hermione Granger. So relatable! I’m pretty sure there is no explanation needed 😉
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Every time I read. That’s one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Well, I can’t wait for the next part of A Song of Ice and Fire^^
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
I was very disappointed by the third and last book in the Awaken series. I wish Katie Kacvinsky wouldn’t have written that one.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
Depends on the book, my mood and all the other stuff I have to do. But I’m a pretty fast reader. When I really like a book I devour it.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Depends on the movie!
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
Into Thin Air. The book was so thrilling and heart-breaking. The movie was just plain awful.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
The adaptation of Horns was pretty good. Daniel Radcliff really made the story come to life!
29. Do you read newspapers?
30: Do you read magazines?
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Newspapers. I like to keep myself informed!
32. Do you read while in bed?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
35. Do you read while in the bath?
I read everywhere! wherever I go, I always have a book with me.
36. Are you a fast reader?
I was told so.
37. Are you a slow reader?
I guess not.
38. Where is your favourite place to read?
In the train. When going to Vienna to university and back home I always sit in the train for over four hours. Perfect way to pass some time!
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Reading is actually the only thing I can concentrate on without starting to do something else.
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
I prefer silence. I can deal with some noise but please, don’t piss my off by yelling around while I’m trying to read. And most importantly: don’t talk to me!
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
I guess my parents. There were always books around, even when I was very little.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
The next part of the Percy Jackson series.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
Ermh, I always did?
44. Who is your favourite children’s book author?
J. K. Rowling. Because her stories grow up with you.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
I’d love to ask Douglas Adams some questions, unfortunately that’s not possible.
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
George R. R. Martin. There are so many topics I could imagine discussing with him.
47.What book have you reread the most?
Faust by Goethe.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
This one is kind of hard to answer. What do you expect me to say? Shakespeare?
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Books the kids can relate to. Very often you only get to read the classics at school and most kids just can’t connect to or understand that kind of stuff.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think they should ban anything. As long as it gets the kids reading, it’s fine with me.
I’d love to read some more people answering these questions! If you do so, let me know in the comments!