The Simpsons have always been there, I grew up watching every episode. Almost all of them are great, but the ones I enjoy most are the Halloween-episodes, and here’s why:
- The parodies of famous movies: There may be times when famous pieces of film history get mocked put it’s never done as amazingly as in the Treehouse of Horror episodes. This season for example featured an episode of Stanly Kubrick movies. I can’t even tell you how much I liked that one. I’m huge movie fan and every season I can hardly wait to see what the Halloween episode has to offer.
- The credits: Even the names at the beginning of each episode are adapted to the Halloween theme. Mat becomes Bat Groening etc. Each year there is someone new and many of the names are very creative and funny. A great way to kick off.
- The special Halloween characters: By now Kang and Kodos may be a part of the general Simpsons’ characters but they originally started out in the Halloween episodes. They are features in the Treehouse of Horror episodes every year and it’s great!
- Nobody is save: You can never know what to expect. In a Halloween episode everyone can die. And even more interesting: anybody could be the killer. Who would expect that Ned Flanders gets to be the devil? 😉
- The Raven: In the first Treehouse of Horror episode ever one segment was “The Raven” by Edgar Allan Poe. Bart is the Raven, Homer is the lead and James Earl Jones narrates the whole thing. There have been many great Halloween episodes, but this is the one I love most. It’s one of my favourite poems and the Simpsons did the best version of it. ever.
I hope some of you out there enjoy the Treehouse of Horror episodes as much as I do.
What’s your favourite part about them?