When I first watched Bob’s Burgers I didn’t know what to make of this animated sitcom. I couldn’t decide whether I liked it or not. But by now I’m halfway through the third season and I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s awesome 😀
What’s it about?
The Belchers run a family restaurant, named Bob’s Burgers. They had to face some problems in the past (the show kicks off with the re-re-reopening of the restaurant) but now they want to make it. The whole family, Bob and Linda (the parents) as well as Gene, Louise and Tina (their three kids) team up to get it going.
(this is the trailer for one of my favourite episodes (Louise’s hat was stolen and she gets some bikers for help), watch it and you’ll see some of points I mention below)
5 reasons I absolutely love it!
- Louise. She is more than awesome. The youngest of Belcher-kids is cunning, intelligent, funny and I love her “don’t mess with me attitude”.
- Louise’s pink hat with bunny ears. Yes, this is a separate point, because this thing is just gorgeous! I can’t wait to get me one.
- The running gags. Each episode kicks of with two gags: in the intro the restaurant next to Bob’s Burgers and the vermin-killer-company’s truck have new names (I promise they are hilarious). The third gag is the “burger of the day” which is -of course- a different one every episode.
- The way they do something so stupid that it becomes funny again. There are scenes that are just so crackbrained, you can’t help but laugh.
- Tina’s eeeeehrm noise. At first it was annoying but now it’s one of my favourite gags. It even became an insider joke in real life for me.
These are my five reasons, why the show finally got me hooked. I know most of the points sound really nuts but if you watch a few episodes of the show, I promise you’ll get what I mean 😉
You won’t regret it!